Girls and boys who have completed the 4th, 5th and 6th grade of primary school. We would like to invite all children regardless of their interests and predispositions. The idea behind the Camp is to familiarise the participants with a fair number of disciplines and forms of spending free time. It’s a perfect place for both for children who like sport and those with interest in the arts.
Water sports, arts and crafts, sailing, archery, traditional team games, fishing - these are only some of many attractions awaiting participants at Camp Junior. When we developed the camp agenda several years ago, our main assumption was to create a space offering extensive and diversified programme. Every child who does not want to declare any narrow preferences (as required on theme camps) in the early spring samples many various disciplines by attending Camp Junior.
The activities are organised in groups of 10-12. During the first 4 days all the Camp participants take part in activities following a pre-defined schedule and getting to know each of the disciplines separately. After that period children from specific groups decide together which activities they find the most interesting (of activities available on a specific day). Juniors may select their activities independently as from day 5. Eaglets have this option after 10 days of the term. The cosy facility boasts of almost family atmosphere. After three days nearly all camp participants know each other. After several successful seasons Camp Junior still attracts those who treat this venue as a stop and, having acquainted themselves with disciplines, select a theme camp the following year. However, there are some kids who go back to Gołdopiwo Lake year after year.
• Fencing – training on fencing basics with the use of professional equipment – foil, mask, gloves, vest and jackets. In our activities we use precise electronic devices measuring hits. During the training camp participants will have an opportunity to learn about Olympic fencing competitions.
• Circus Activities – juggling with tissues and balls (methodology from basics to juggling in pairs), tricks with diabolo – games with a plastic hourglass-shaped object dismantled with the use of two sticks linked by a thin rope, spinning plates on a stick, rope walking or balance board exercises.
• Sailing – activities are organised on yachts per two of Topaz-Taz type and a two-mast DZ boat. During the activities kids will learn how to hand, reef and steer, will master basic manoeuvres, knots and the rules of safe sailing, Willing participants may enrol to a regatta at the end.
• Canoeing – using sit-on-top canoes, which owing to their lightness and manoeuvrability are perfect training equipment for small children. This activity is amongst the favourite water activities of our camp participants.
• Swimming – swimming classes in the lake attentively supervised by instructors and lifeguards. The kids will have an opportunity to learn and master basic swimming styles.
• Fishing – basics of equipment selection, bait placement and tutorial on what to do when a fish “catches the bait”. Children will fish and learn to recognize basic species of fish found in lakes.
• Arts and crafts – painting with the use of various techniques, field activities, drawing, collage techniques, paper stained glass, activities with the use of plaster.
• Dancing classes - the basics of the most popular modern dances as well as dance games and activities for the youngest camp participants.
• Archery – learning to use the bow correctly, position, breath and accuracy control. Activities will be held on a special archery course.
• Team games – popular team games, such as football, volleyball, floorball, games involving running.
• Windsurfing – basics of windsurfing, including balancing activities, tacking and turns. We have stable boards and light sails for beginning surfers at our disposal.
• Canoeing trip – a trip on tourist canoes down the Sapina river for volunteers. A day-long adventure immersed in unique natural environment and common meal preparation on fresh air make this trip an unforgettable experience.
General camp activities – it’s a common play time for kids from all camps in a specific age group. These are: Olympic Games, Junior Run, swimming marathon, hodgepodge activity selection, team field games, night games, bonfires, karaoke contests and discos, RPG and traditional games.
Badge-awarding activities – organised for interested participants. Those who have proven their persistence, have made progress and passed the final test, receive brown, silver or gold badges confirming their swimming, sailing, windsurfing, archery and fishing skills.
The badge programme serves as an additional motivator for camp participants to actively and enthusiastically develop the scope of their knowledge and skills.
We decided to limit mobile phone use by kids and youths on the area of Camp Junior. The participants will be allowed to use the mobile phones each Wednesday and Saturday during the dinner break. Outside that period the phones will be deposited in the Camp’s safe.
Rooms sleeping 2-4 or cabins sleeping 5-6 with bathrooms, equipped with single and bunk beds.
3 meals per day in the form of a buffet, afternoon snack, “open snack cabinet”, unlimited water or tea.
The price of each camp within Camp Junior is comprehensive and includes:
• Full programme including all thematic, supplementary and badge-awarding activities as well as general camp events
• Gear and equipment necessary for activities
• Accommodation in a holiday and training centre in rooms in a building or cabins with full sanitary facilities (depending on the age group)
• Coach transport from Piaseczno to Kruklanki and from Kruklanki to Piaseczno
• Full board (three buffet meals per day, afternoon snack, “open snack cabinet”, unlimited tea or water available in several spots all day long and packed lunch for the return trip)
• 24-hour care of instructors and tutors
• Medical care
• Accident insurance