Camp Odkrywców to formuła łącząca zajęcia artystyczne i sportowe z programem naukowym. Tu zachęcamy Campowiczów do odkrywania i poznawania otaczającego nas świata. Uczestnicy będą mieli również czas na sporty wodne i zabawę z rówieśnikami na świeżym powietrzu.
The Discoverers’ Camp is located near Żnin and Biskupin, in Wiktorowo, in the historic region located in the north-eastern part of Wielkopolska. In the Pałuki area, at Ostrowieckie lake amongst forested banks, a facility for young discovers is located.
It's the sixth time the Discoverers’ Camp invites children to learn about the world around them. The area used by our Camp participants exclusively, allows for smooth combination of arts, crafts and sports with scientific programme. Camp participants are accommodated in 3 different buildings. In the main building, apart from reception and canteen, there are rooms and labs used for dancing, singing, sewing, instrument playing and science classes. Moreover, the facility offers rooms for the purpose of artistic and sport gymnastics as well as DIY.
Sport and educational facilities:
• A guarded bathing beach
• A sailing port (Topaz type yachts)
• A canoe levee (tourist & sit-on-top canoes, canoes)
• A football pitch
• A volleyball pitch
• A badminton pitch
• Labs for science experiments
• Educational common rooms in the building
• A sewing and handicraft studio
• A gym
• A dance hall with mirrors
• A music tent and room
• A DYI workshop
• A drying room
Meals at the Discoverers’ Camp are offered in the form of a buffet. Participants have a vast choice of fresh and healthy meals with unlimited extra servings (unforgettable pancakes :) ). Apart from the afternoon snack (we try to offer fruit), we also offer the “open snack cabinet” in the evening, because we know how many calories a young person spending an entire day on fresh air may burn. During the entire day, unlimited hot tea or water, depending on weather, is available in several spots on the Camp area.
Most important activities, related to the theme of each camp. Each of the five camps: Robinson, World Dances, Sindbad, Rock Band and this year’s novelty, ABC Design, has its extensive and unique programme for young adventurers, dancers, fashion designers, travellers, sailors and musicians.
Supplementary activities - form an elementary constituent of the camp programme. These include the following:
1. Sports and leisure programme:
• Sit-on-top canoes
• Tourist canoes
• A water trampoline
• Games (Polish and world games on a pitch, football, volleyball, badminton)
2. Science programme - comprises educational activities for all camp participants, regardless of their age and the camp they have selected (participants of the Rock Band Camp will participate in Chemistry, Physics and Nature activities only once). During a 1.5 hours long daily activity everyone will have the option to get to know scientific secrets by means of various experiments. Participants will actively take part in study preparation, execution, discussion and will draw conclusions.
• Chemistry – on the basis of ingredients available in every kitchen we will carry out fascinating chemical experiments, will find out how to change the colour of a candle flame, will check whether a bulb connected to a lemon emits light and will construct and fire a miniature volcano. Moreover, we will carry out experiments with very low temperatures using liquid nitrogen.
• Physics – during these activities we will examine the molecular structure of matter, the rules governing the operation of jet engines, we will understand why seatbelts must be fastened, will learn about aerodynamics and hydrodynamics. We will also examine a number of phenomena encountered in everyday life.
• Nature – these activities will be mostly held in the forest on a meadow or the lake bank. We will learn to recognize specific species of trees, animal tracks, how to interpret them well, where to pick up the most delicious mushrooms and which plants should not be touched.
General Camp Activities – usually take place in the evening, in particular age groups:
• An evening journey in 80 days around the world
• Field games (sport&intellectual)
• World Games Tournament
• Knowledge Contest
• Integration games
• Sunday Field Trip.
Organised for interested camp participants. Those who have proven their persistence, have made progress and passed the final test, receive brown, silver or gold badges confirming their skills in swimming and rowing.
The badge programme serves as an additional motivator for camp participants to actively and enthusiastically develop the scope of their knowledge and skills.
At the end of the term we organise kayaking, swimming tournaments and regatta (refers to the Sindbad camp), with medals and diplomas for participants and winners.
The price of each camp within the Discoverers’ Camp is comprehensive and includes:
• Full programme including all thematic, supplementary and badge-awarding activities as well as general camp events,
• Gear and equipment necessary for activities
• Accommodation in a holiday and training centre, in rooms in buildings
• Coach transport from Piaseczno to Wiktorowo and from Wiktorowo to Piaseczno
• Full board (three buffet meals per day, afternoon snack, “open snack cabinet”, unlimited tea or water available in several spots all day long and packed lunch for the return trip)
• 24-hour care of instructors and tutors
• Medical care
• Accident insurance
Check our photo diaries from the Camp published on our website on a current basis!
Meetings for parents will be held in Warsaw approximately one month before the start of holiday. The date of the meeting will be announced at www.chris.com.pl in May.
NOTE: We recommend concluding resignation insurance with any carrier.