Girls and boys who have completed the 4th, 5th and 6th grade of primary school and the 1st and 2nd grade of junior high. This camp is particularly recommended to kids who want to learn about the environment empirically in a much broader scope than at school. It’s a perfect choice for kids who are interested about the world, who consider science classes an interesting venture.
Participants, supervised by an experienced instructor, will perform activities allowing them to discover the rights of nature “from behind the scenes”. They will construct and fire a volcano, will check whether a lemon can emit light and will learn how to send a coca-cola bottle into the space using mint drops. They will learn how to recognize chemical compounds independently and how to use them for safe execution of many chemical reactions.
Thematic activities (2 x 1.5 h /day):
• Chemistry – on the basis of ingredients available in every kitchen we will carry out fascinating chemical experiments, will find out how to change the colour of a candle flame, will check whether a bulb connected to a lemon emits light and will construct and fire a miniature volcano. Moreover, we will carry out experiments with very low temperatures using liquid nitrogen.
• Physics – during these activities we will examine the molecular structure of matter, the rules governing the operation of jet engines, we will understand why seatbelts must be fastened, will learn about aerodynamics, hydrodynamics and will examine a number of phenomena encountered in everyday life.
• Nature – these activities will be mostly held in the forest on a meadow or the lake bank. We will learn to recognize specific species of trees, animal tracks, how to interpret them well, where to pick up the most delicious mushrooms and which plants should not be touched.
• Ciphering and coding, i.e. mathematics for secret agents and not only. You will learn basic techniques and methods of coding and secret information transfer. We will introduce you to various way of breaking codes. You will learn whether a hard-boiled egg may help in sending a secret information and how to use codes to read somebody’s minds. The programme is carried out by the Department of Mathematics and Information Technology at the Warsaw University of Technology.
Supplementary activities (2 x 1.5 h/day):
• sit-on-top, sport and tourist canoeing, rowing, canoe, bike trips, rope park, archery range, recreational games, swimming and water trampoline, arts and crafts and cooking.
Badge-awarding activities – organised for interested participants. Those who have proven their persistence, have made progress and passed the final test, receive brown, silver or gold badges confirming their swimming, rowing, archery and fishing skills.
The badge programme serves as an additional motivator for camp participants to actively and enthusiastically develop the scope of their knowledge and skills.
General camp activities – it’s a common play time for kids from all camps in a specific age group. These include: field games, bonfires, a karaoke contest and a disco, Olympic Games, a fest, swimming marathon, as well as RPG, traditional and world games.
Accommodation: “Under the Oak” building: studios with bathrooms sleeping 6-8, or rooms sleeping 3-4 with en suite bathroom equipped with single or bunk beds, or bungalows: segments sleeping 3-8 kids with bathrooms en suite, equipped with single or bunk beds.
Board: 3 meals per day in the form of a buffet, afternoon snack, “open snack cabinet”, unlimited water or tea.
The price of each camp within Camp Tarda is comprehensive and includes:
• Full programme including all thematic, supplementary and badge-awarding activities as well as general camp events
• Gear and equipment necessary for activities
• Accommodation in a holiday and training centre in rooms in masonry buildings or in bungalows with complete sanitary facilities (depending on the age group)
• Coach transport from Piaseczno to Tarda and from Tarda to Piaseczno
• Full board (three buffet meals per day, afternoon snack, “open snack cabinet”, unlimited tea or water available in several spots all day long and packed lunch for the return trip)
• 24-hour care of instructors and tutors
• Medical care
• Accident insurance